Monday, January 16, 2012

Crafty Like A Fox

Well, it seems that I have not blogged in quite some time. (Holidays and whatnot...you know how it is...) I have been keeping myself rather busy; I've just not been chronicling it. One of my more recent projects? A 365-day arts/craft project. I know what you're thinking, because I thought the same thing, too: “Can you do a 365-day project on a leap year??” Well, that has yet to be determined.

It all started with a Christmas gift from a dear friend. You see, this friend of mine knows how much I like to start new hobbies, so for Christmas, he got me Noah Scalin's book, 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life! The idea is that the reader will create some kind of art every day for one year. This particular gift-giving friend also knows my history of fizzling out on the hobbies I start, so if he is reading this blog entry, he has probably guessed by now that I began the project with much gusto, but I have since slowed down considerably.

After one week's worth of arting and crafting, I found the project to be a bit too daunting for everyday. (Especially with my over-abundance of other hobbies waiting in the wings...) I'm thinking of using the book as a guide to spark creativity when I'm in a rut, rather than try to do a daily project and get discouraged when I inevitably fail. Either way, the book is full of good ideas to get the creative juices flowing, as evidenced by the photographs of the inspired works of art I have created so far.

Without any further ado, photos of my week-long creative journey!


The book that started it all.

My first assignment being to make something that would fit in the palm of my hand, I bedazzled this little seashell.

A wire sculpture inspired by one of my favorite animals.

"Sticks and Leaves on a Park Bench" (I was to make something with whatever materials I could find after walking for 10 minutes.)

A sweet Sharpie tattoo I made for my husband.

Some of my fantastic coin collection.

An origami dinosaur chilling out on a park bench in my office.

Last, but certainly not least, a picture of a unicorn drawn with a strawberry.

Will I continue crafting? You bet your sweet arts I will! Can a 365-day crafts project be done on a leap year? Maybe, but not by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment